Monday 6 December 2010

The Only Way is Up?

The very bottom of the Premier League is a cold and lonely place to be. And for a while there last weekend, Wolves were rock-bottom of the Premier League on goal difference after losing to Blackburn - until West Ham kindly went out and lost to Sunderland the following day. And so Wolves moved back up the table one place, which isn't quite so bad as being last. No-one wants to be bottom of the Premiership at this time of year (or any time of year, come to think of it) because, as everyone always reminds us, the team that's bottom at Christmas is almost always relegated.    
Following Wolves is often fairly depressing. Sometimes I wish I'd started supporting Man Utd when I was a kid, but I come from a strange and distant time when people tended to support their home team, meaning the place where they were born. For me, that's Wolverhampton. So no ifs and buts. It has to be Wolves.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment