Friday 17 December 2010

The Christmas Period - Tom Palmer

Christmas is one of those times of the year that can have a big say in how your team is going to do in a season. Five games packed into little more than a fortnight. 

If your team play well, you can get ten or more points and feel like you might achieve something: if they don't do well you drop into relegation danger.

But there's more to Christmas than that. You end up playing your most hated rivals or teams that could stuff you. You invariably play a team that someone in your extended family supports... on the day you have to sit round the Christmas tree with that person.

Take Leeds. This proves my point:

QPR (h) - top of the Championship, we could lose heavily like we did to second place Cardiff, 4-0 at home

Leiciester (a) - my father in law's team which has already beaten us twice this season... and guess where I am that day?

Portsmouth (h) - me and my daughter going for our Christmas match

Boro (h) - I hate Boro more than Man U, for various reasons, so this one gets under my skin

Cardiff (a) - see above

See what I mean?

How is your Christmas shaping up?

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE. I HOPE YOU DON'T SUFFER TOO MUCH.

http://www.tompalmer.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment