Sunday 12 December 2010

Burnley 2 Leeds 3

Yesterday I was doing what I do some Saturdays: two things at once.

I was at a football party in Halifax. One of my daughter's friends at school was having a party. 3pm to 5pm. So there I was being a half-decent dad, while monitoring Burnley v Leeds on my iphone.

We were 2-0 down at half time and I was not pleased. But I managed to remain civil with the other party guests.

The second half was great. We did pass-the-parcel and musical statues...

It was also good at Burnley v Leeds. 2-0 became 2-1, then 2-2.

I punched the air when we equalised during the last round of pass-the-parcel, but nobody noticed.

And I was lucky that I was in the corridor, taking my daughter to the loo, when Johnny Howson scored the winner. I needed calming down.

Here's a picture of our heroic captain and goalscorer. And, no, he's not for sale.



No comments:

Post a Comment