Monday 22 November 2010

What a Weekend!

What a weekend in the Premier League!

I listened to Arsenal 2 Spurs 3 on Radio Five while rearranging our small cellar for my wife. I have to admit I wanted Arsenal to win. If anyone can stop Man U or Chelsea winning the league, it's them. But I was disappointed.

My wife gives me jobs to do on Saturdays. She knows I'd like to spend the afternoon indoors, listening to the football on the radio. So, whatever she gives me to do, I do it. To illustrate that... I also had to drain a large plastic container of mud, making it into wet soil, then add some ash from the stove to it, before spreading it on the garden.

Why, I ask you?

Mud or no mud, I wasn't really interested in the Premier League. It was Norwich v Leeds that had my main attention. It had me agitated all afternoon.

I hate that feeling when the commentator says
"AND THERE'S BEEN SOME ACTION AT AT CARROW ROAD..."
Because, for a few seconds, you are left in the dark. Have Leeds gone 2-0 up and secured the points? Or have Norwich equalised? What mood am I going to be in for the rest of the weekend.

It was the latter. But a draw at Norwich is still a good result.

http://www.tompalmer.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment