Wednesday 17 November 2010

England v France - Tom Palmer

My name is Tom Palmer. I write football stories. And... I support Leeds United.

As I write England are losing 2-0 to France at home. And it's poor. It's worse than poor. Unless you're French.

I am watching it on TV in a Welsh hotel room. Tomorrow I have to talk to 200 Wales fans at Cardiff City's stadium. That's going to be fun, isn't it? Especially as Leeds lost 4-0 to Cardiff a couple of weeks ago.

But I can take it.

And look at the team. Apart from Ferdinand and Gerrard... and maybe Milner, none of these players would be first choice.

That's what I'll say to the Welsh mockers tomorrow.

But, really, England don't move me too much. Not like Leeds. I watch every assault on Leeds' goal like someone is twisting a knife in my stomach. With England it's more like a weak stomach ache.

Club versus country: how do you feel about it? Please comment at the bottom.

Maybe if there were some Leeds players in the team, I'd be more interested. But that's not likely just now...

http://www.tompalmer.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment