Sunday 28 November 2010

0-0 at Reading

The Championship

A goalless draw at Reading might not seem like something to celebrate, but I was thrilled. I punched the air.

Leeds are on a good run. Six games without a defeat. But...

...before that we lost 4-0 at home to Cardiff, 6-4 at home to Preston (who are bottom of the league) and 5-2 at Barnsley.

A clean sheet and a point at a decent side like reading suits me fine.


The First World War

I am writing a book based in 1914-1919. It features a man who fought in the trenches, survived and went on to score England's first full international goal post-war.

It is hard. I have only written books set in the present before. I need to find out lots of stuff about stations and trenches and front rooms in 1914. Luckily I am writing the book with an expert on all those things.

I have not written a book with another person before. I thought it would be hard. But George is brilliant to work with. And I am learning a lot!


The Premier League

The Premier League is interesting, even for a Championship supporter. What's going on at Chelsea? How have Man U suddenly hit 7-1 sparkling form? Why do West Brom lose 3-0 at home to Stoke one day, then win 4-1 at Everton the next? And why didn't people listen to me when I said Jermaine Beckford was no a Premier League striker?


The FA Cup

It's the FA Cup draw today. Last year Leeds (div 3) drew Man U (Champions) and beat them at Old Trafford. I used that result for a year now, talking to tens of thousands of Man U fan children. I just dread drawing them again.

I'd like a nice home tie against someone not from the Premier League. For starters.

I hope you get the draw you want for your team (unless you support a Premier League team and get Leeds.)

No comments:

Post a Comment